Are you looking to get lip fillers in McLean? Whether you’re wanting to enhance your natural beauty or restore a youthful plumpness to your lips, familiarizing yourself with fillers is a good place to start.
What Are Lip Fillers?
Lip fillers are dermal fillers used for lip augmentation (i.e. for correcting or enhancing your lips). The lip filler process is highly individualized, given the unique needs and goals of each client, but it often involves plumping, restoring volume, or balancing asymmetrical lips.
As an injectable treatment, it takes the right credentials, skill, and careful attention to safely, effectively, and consistently deliver natural-looking results.
Our fully certified expert injectors at Dermestetics are committed to providing first-rate care and an unparalleled experience for anyone looking for lip fillers in McLean.
Who Is a Good Candidate for Lip Fillers in McLean?
If you’re interested in getting lip fillers in McLean, the best way to find out if you’re a good candidate is to book a consultation with one of our experienced providers. That being said, you might be a good candidate for lip fillers if:
- You’ve lost volume in your lips
- Your lips are asymmetrical
- You want your lips to look more full
- You have fine lines or subtle cracks on your lips
- You aren’t currently pregnant or breastfeeding
- You don’t smoke
- You don’t have any blood-clotting or bleeding disorders
If, for some reason, we determine you are not a good candidate for lip fillers, we’ll be sure to recommend a different course of action if we think you’d be a better fit for an alternative treatment.
How to Prepare for Getting Lip Fillers in McLean
Before getting lip fillers in McLean, we strongly recommend the following, starting at least one week prior to your injection:
- Not taking aspirin, ibuprofen, Motrin, Advil, or Aleve
- Refraining from alcohol 24 to 48 hours prior
- Avoiding supplements that can cause blood thinning, such as omega 3 capsules
Closer to your appointment:
- Not exfoliating or using skincare products containing retinol or retinoids within 48 hours
- Not waxing, shaving, epilating, or plucking the area around your lips for 48 hours
- Refraining from wearing makeup on the day of your appointment
*This list is not intended to be exhaustive. Your provider may provide further, more individualized instructions for preparation at your consultation appointment.
What About After Your Appointment?
After getting lip fillers in McLean:
- Try not to rub or touch your lips for at least 4 hours after your injection
- Avoid strenuous exercise for at least 24 hours
- Keep away from excessive heat on the day of your treatment. This includes hot showers, hot tubs, and tanning beds
- Do not schedule any additional aesthetic services for two weeks after treatment to avoid migration (moving the filler or pushing it out of the treatment area)
Invest in Your Confidence Today
Feel free to contact us with any questions you might have about lip fillers in McLean. If you’re ready to look and feel your best, you can get started by booking your personal consultation. We would love to know how we can best meet your goals and support you along your aesthetic journey.
For immediate treatment recommendations based on your needs, you can also try out our virtual consultation tool. Discover what Dermestetics can do for you from the comfort of your home.
Experience luxury. Experience elegance. Experience Dermestetics.
Check out Séchoir Beauty Bar for a pampering aesthetic experience at a full service beauty salon!